When opening the kitchen storage cabinet I found it was quite dark in there. Also I have a hidden storage pit that is also quite dark, so I added a LED light to the top and put it on a door activated microswitch. Problem solved!
The one storage spot under the counter in the kitchen area needed a bit of structure to help organize it. I made one section that has a grid to store pint jars and then one that fits on top of that which is more just an open bin. These are sized to just fill the
I finally got around to installing some wheel arch covers. I had put foam / aluminum duct insulation over the wheel arches, but always felt like it wouldn’t hold up over time with things banging around in the storage lockers. These ABS covers from Legend worked out great to just fit over the existing foam.
During the initial conversion I removed both of the door courtesy lights as they were in the way of the ceiling paneling etc. I wanted to eventually restore some of that functionality to have a small light turn on when opening the door. I used a fairly bright yellow LED (bug free) and put it
We found that we had a stack of dishes and wanted to use more of the vertical space in the cabinet, so I knocked out a dish sorter with some 6mm plywood. I’m still using some squares of drawer liner between the plates which keeps them from rattling but not sure it’s really needed.
The horizontal panel above the cab (where the overhead storage bin is located) has a nice sharp unfinished sheet metal edge. I first tried to glue some vinyl material around that edge and tuck in into the seam, but the glue didn’t hold. Next up was to get some actual panel edging. This worked much
So I wanted to hang some lights off the awning to light up the evening. First stop was to figure out a way to hang them. There are number of commercial solutions to the problem, but I figured why not build something for now and see how it works. I took some 12″ lengths of
We wanted to add a screen door to the side slider so I picked up this screen door from Amazon as the basic materials. For $33 it seemed cheap enough. MAGZO Magnetic Screen Door 60 x 80 It was wider and taller than needed, and I had to make a cutout for my exterior dog
For some unknown reason the base promaster does not have an armrest on the passenger seat. So I found a very similar one on Ebay and got busy installing it. I ended up making some brackets out of 1/8″ steel to place the mounting point in the same location as the driver seat armrest. I
Adding some final finishing details to wrap up the build. Here is the mounting solution for the Berkey water filter system. It has a fitted mount on the wall with Velcro straps to secure it to the wall during transit. Will be best to make sure it’s fairly empty or at least not full when