After 2 years of use we decided that having just an electric heater was not working for us. We found too many times we didn’t have shore power hookups but needed a bit of heat. After reviewing the options I decided on the Espar B4L M2 heater. Features included: Runs on Petrol (regular Gas for
When opening the kitchen storage cabinet I found it was quite dark in there. Also I have a hidden storage pit that is also quite dark, so I added a LED light to the top and put it on a door activated microswitch. Problem solved!
The one storage spot under the counter in the kitchen area needed a bit of structure to help organize it. I made one section that has a grid to store pint jars and then one that fits on top of that which is more just an open bin. These are sized to just fill the
I finally got around to installing some wheel arch covers. I had put foam / aluminum duct insulation over the wheel arches, but always felt like it wouldn’t hold up over time with things banging around in the storage lockers. These ABS covers from Legend worked out great to just fit over the existing foam.
After the first year of using the van we decided we needed a bit more storage that we could access above the beds vs having to always lift up one bed to get underneath. I got some fabric bins from Amazon and build a shelf to store them. They are sized so that they stay
I wanted to add a bike rack to the rear hitch receiver so that I can take my e-mtb bike along with us when we go out camping. I decided on the 1-up super duty rack which is very nicely made in Wisconsin. I also needed a swing arm to move the bikes out of
During the initial conversion I removed both of the door courtesy lights as they were in the way of the ceiling paneling etc. I wanted to eventually restore some of that functionality to have a small light turn on when opening the door. I used a fairly bright yellow LED (bug free) and put it
One of the things I did during the initial build was to use a fairly cheap MSW (Modified Sine Wave) inverter. At the time I didn’t really know what type of devices I would end up wanting to power. I picked up an induction cooktop for times when we don’t want to light up the
We found that we had a stack of dishes and wanted to use more of the vertical space in the cabinet, so I knocked out a dish sorter with some 6mm plywood. I’m still using some squares of drawer liner between the plates which keeps them from rattling but not sure it’s really needed.
The horizontal panel above the cab (where the overhead storage bin is located) has a nice sharp unfinished sheet metal edge. I first tried to glue some vinyl material around that edge and tuck in into the seam, but the glue didn’t hold. Next up was to get some actual panel edging. This worked much